Tuesday 27 April 2010

Wonderful Wonderwool.

What a fantastic weekend! The stalls were fantastic, with a huge amount of choice. Spent far too much money, but came back with loads of ideas and lots of goodies!






I was rather taken with the idea of spinning my own yarn, so bought a drop spindle and some merino tops to have a go!These were my purchases from the show.I found a book on spinning in my vast collection of books, and after a spot of reading, took the plunge, and had a go!




I was quite impressed with my first attempt, and with a bit of practice I am sure it will get easier.







I have included a photo of my first yarn! Any hints and tips for improvement gratefully received!
I really enjoyed making this yarn, so much so that I have now booked myself onto a course in July to learn to spin with a spinning wheel!






This lovely lady was also at the show! I had a fantastic time, and feel really inspired. I will definitely be going again next year!


No comments:

Post a Comment